International Conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs
ICORD is an International Society for all individuals actively involved in rare diseases and/or orphan drugs, including health care, research, academic, industry, patient organisations, regulatory authorities, health authorities, and public policy professionals.
Ongoing and recent activities
- The 11th Annual ICORD Meeting in Cape Town, South Africa (19-22 October) has started! ICORD is very pleased to announce the statement of Helen Clark, the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, to the ICORD meeting.
- The Chinese Organisation for Rare Diseases (CORD) will partner with ICORD to host the 12th annual ICORD meeting. It will be held in Beijing in the second half of 2017. More information is coming soon.
- In May 2016 ICORD was present at the 2nd Annual RDI Meeting in Edinburgh. Read more here about the presentation by ICORD President John Forman.
- The 10th Annual Meeting ICORD 2015 (15-16 October) was successfully held as a part of the Global Rare Diseases Week, Mexico 2015.
- ICORD and Rare Disease International (RDI) collaborate to streamline efforts and boost progress on rare disease policy worldwide. Read more here.
Future annual ICORD meetings
A commercial organisation, OMICS International, arranges a meeting with a name identical to ICORD, “International conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs”. Please note that ICORD is not involved in the organisation of this event.